Dawn Punjab

JAC delegation meets SC Commission chairman vijay sampla

MOHALI: In Punjab state, the issues on Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) Schemes are getting worse day by day.

Recently, a five-members committee of Joint Association of Colleges (JAC) had a meeting with Sh. Vijay Sampla, Chairman, National Commission for Schedule Cast (NCSC) in New Delhi, and it was revealed that the Punjab Government has said to commission that the colleges of Punjab have agreed to take 40% amount out of total 1539 crore outstanding amount of 3 years i.e. 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20.

JAC representatives Dr. Jagjit Singh and Dr. Anshu Kataria said that the Punjab government had said this by keeping the commission in dark, because in JAC’s meeting which was held with the group of ministers, the JAC representatives have never agreed that the college will agree on 40% amount.

S. Sukhmander Singh Chatha, S. Rajinder Singh Dhanoa and Sh. Shimanshu Gupta said that JAC had agreed that 40% of the amount would be given by the State Government and the remaining 60% state government would follow with the centre & JAC would help in that.

Dr. Gurmeet Singh Dhaliwal and S. Manjit Singh said that this is a fraud with the unaided colleges of Punjab and by keeping SC commission in the dark, undertakings are being taken from the colleges, in which it was being written that the colleges will not demand for the outstanding 60% amount. By handing over this affidavit to the SC commission, the state government wanted to dispose of the matter, but JAC would not let this happen.

Dawn Punjab
Author: Dawn Punjab

Related Posts


[the_ad id="209"]
[the_ad id="212"]