Chandigarh: Banwarilal Purohit, Administrator Chandigarh reviewed the pandemic situation in the city today with all the senior officials of Administration. He expressed his satisfaction over the decline in positivity rate and appreciated the health officials for being pro-active in handling the ongoing situation. He also congratulated the Administration for administering 100% second doze of vaccination to adult population of Chandigarh.
With an objective to provide healthcare services to patients in their homes, E-sanjeevni OPD, the National teleconsultation service of Government of India was introduced in the city. These services were operational under two models earlier i.e., Patient to doctors consultation that started at 29 Health Wellness Centres and Patients to Specialists wherein consultation was given by specialists of GMCH 32 and GMSH 16. Now the third model has been added to this service i.e., Specialists to Super Specialists consultations, wherein the specialists from GMCH 32 and GMSH 16 can consult PGIMER superspecialists.
The Administrator after taking into consideration the decline in positive cases decided to lift the following restrictions in the city with an appeal to follow covid protocols at public places :-
1. All Gyms and Health Centres shall be allowed to operate till 10.00 P.M. at 50% of their capacity subject to all staff present and the users being fully vaccinated.
2. All markets including Apni Mandis will be allowed to remain open till 10.00 PM.
3. All the activities including boating at Sukhna Lake will be allowed to open from 05.00 AM to 10.00 PM. However, the shops in the premises of Sukhna Lake will be open subject to compliance of COVID appropriate behaviour and proper sanitization.
4. With effect from 01.02.2022, the schools will start functioning physically from 10th to 12th classes. All Universities & Colleges shall also be allowed to open normally. All public libraries shall be allowed to open at 50% of their capacity. All the students of age group of more than 15 years should have been vaccinated at least for 1st dose while attending offline classes. All Officials, students, etc. of age group of 18 years and above should be fully vaccinated. However, the detailed order in this regard will be issued by the Secretary Education, Chandigarh Administration, separately.
5. Coaching institutions shall be allowed to open at 50% capacity subject to the condition that all students from 15 to 18 years should have received single dose of vaccination and students/staff above 18 years of age are fully vaccinated.
Sh. Purohit also directed the Police officials to ensure strict enforcement of Covid protocols at public places. He advised health officials to keep analysing small trends and surges and keep taking strict and prompt containment action.
Updating the current COVID scenario, the officers of the Tricity informed that Mohali has 7,774 active cases, Panchkula has 1,739 active cases while UT, Chandigarh has 6,149 active cases.
The meeting was attended by Sh. Dharam Pal, Adviser to the Administrator, Sh. Nitin Kumar Yadav, Home Secretary, Dr. Vijay Namdeorao Zade, Finance Secretary, Sh. Yashpal Garg, Secretary Health at the Administrator’s office. Chief Conservator of Forests, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation Chandigarh, Secretary Information & Technology, Secretary Education, the Deputy Commissioners of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali, Director, PGIMER, Director Principal, GMCH-32 and Director Health Services, GMSH-16 attended through Video Conferencing.