Dawn Punjab Bureau / Chandigarh : Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Dharam Pal, Adviser to the Administrator, UT, Chandigarh, Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home, Sh. Sanjay Baniwal, Director General of Police and Sh. Vijay Namdeorao Zade, Finance Secretary at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT, Sh. Yashpal Garg, CEO, Chandigarh Housing Board, Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary IT, Sh. SS Gill, Secretary Education and Deputy Commissioners of Panchkula & Mohali, Director, PGIMER, Director Principal, GMCH-32 & Director Health Services, GMSH-16 attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director PGIMER stated that they have 85 covid cases in PGIMER, out of which 09 belong to Chandigarh, 55 to Punjab, 16 to Haryana, 03 to Himachal Pradesh & 02 from other states. He also mentioned that they have tested 7,724 samples and the positivity rate was 0.69% for Chandigarh. He also mentioned that even elective surgeries have been started by PGIMER now. He further stated that they are doing about 100 surgeries daily and currently have about 1,500 patients admitted indoor. There is no covid positive patient in waiting in emergency requiring transfer to covid facilities. The number of mucromycosis patients being received daily also come down to about 8 patients per day. The fatality of mucromycosis cases has also come down to 12% in PGIMER. He also informed that sero-survey for paediatric cases has been started and initial sampling of about 10% has been completed.
Hon’ble Administrator appealed to the residents of Chandigarh to co-operate fully with the PGIMER team in collecting samples for sero-survey, which is very important for future strategy to combat covid in the city.
On a special enquiry from the Administrator, Director, PGIMER clarified that civil works for installing 2,000 Litre Per Minute (LPM) oxygen plant have been completed and the plant will be made functional soon. He assured to start the genome sequencing lab in PGIMER urgently. So far, the sample for genome sequencing are being sent to NCDC Pune & Delhi, which are taking long time to give the results.
Dr. Jasbinder Kaur, Director Principal, GMCH-32 stated that they have tested 4,413 covid samples and the positivity rate was found to be 0.84%. She also mentioned that there are 26 active cases of Mucormycosis (Black fungus), out of which 05 are also suffering from corona. She apprised that surgeries have also been started in GMCH-32 and physical OPDs through online appointments would also be started from next week.
Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that 11,270 covid samples have been tested for the city during last week and the positivity rate was 1.4%. She mentioned that the overall recovery rate was 98.4%. She also mentioned that 5,11,872 doses of vaccines have been administered in Chandigarh so far. Currently about 38,000 doses are available and they are going to start evening vaccination centres in all Civil Hospitals and Government Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sector 16 from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM (except Sunday) from 30/06/2021 onwards to facilitate vaccination of serving residents.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 270 active cases, Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 70 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, UT, Chandigarh stated that they have 181 active cases.
3. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed the Director General of Police that strict action be taken against the violators of covid protocol, particularly for non-wearing of masks at Sukhna lake and public places.
4. Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary Food & Supply informed that 90% of ration distribution under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana has been completed till date.
5. After detailed discussions in the War Room, it was decided to keep all the relaxations intact with the change that all shops will be allowed to open till 09:00 PM in place of 08:00 PM permitted earlier. The shopkeepers will, however, ensure that appropriate covid behavior is followed meticulously.